We would always recommend that owners contact us at an early stage of the acquisition process, ideally before any agreement to manufacturer or purchase is signed as the final choice of registration will impact on various contractual and practical aspects of the process.
It is our philosophy that every owner has a unique set of circumstances and requirements and therefore we approach every situation on a bespoke case by case basis taking into account various considerations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Nationality of aircraft owner
- Residence of the aircraft’s principal user(s) and their passengers
- Physical characteristics of aircraft
- Existing registration of aircraft (if applicable)
- Usage of aircraft (i.e. private or for charter)
- VAT or equivalent tax status of the aircraft
- Area of operation and primary base airport
- Specific crew and operational considerations
Notwithstanding the above listed considerations we believe it important that simple owner preference should always be an important factor in the final choice of registry.
Once an owner has in consultation with Oceanskies Aero decided on their preferred registration it then becomes our responsibility to effect the registration of the aircraft.
In practice we are appointed as authorised registration agents for a particular aircraft by the owner who will either be an individual or a company.
By utilising the services of Oceanskies Aero, aircraft owners are able to efficiently delegate all formalities relative to the registration of their aircraft in their name.
Our most commonly used aircraft registry jurisdictions include:
- Bermuda (VP-B & VQ-B registration)
- Cayman Islands (VP-C registration)
- Guernsey (2- registration)
- Isle of Man (M- registration)
- Malta (9H- registration)
- San Marino (T7- registration)
- United Kingdom (G- registration)
- United States (N registration)