Oceanskies Crew Limited, (OCL), the yacht crew employment and payroll division of Oceanskies, is pleased to announce that they have successfully passed their annual Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) audit by Lloyd’s Register.
This means that the Statement of Compliance issued by Lloyd’s Register to OCL is validated for another year confirming that the company is fully compliant with standard A1.4 and guidelines B1.4 of the MLC 2006.
OCL is able to efficiently employ and pay crew working onboard any yacht of any size whether operated privately or commercially.
Pricing is really straight forward at EUR 260.00 take on per crew member, (including contract), then EUR 65.00 per month per crew member.
The key advantages of the Ocenaskies crew employment service are as follows:
- Crew are employed by OCL separately from the underlying client and/or the vessel owner. The structure removes the client completely from the liabilities associated with the employment of crew and the onshore reporting requirements linked to the owning of an offshore company.
- OCL is owned by Tom Becker, Adrian Ogier and Duncan Swanson and is not only fully based on the Channel Island of Guernsey but it is also run by genuine Guernsey residents.
- All crew can be employed offshore even when the yacht itself is owned by an onshore company located in a jurisdiction that might not be favourable for the employment of seafarers.
- All crew, regardless of whether they work on a private or commercial yacht, are employed within an MLC compliant environment.
- All crew, regardless of whether they work on a private or commercial yacht, are employed through a Seafarers Employment Agreement (SEA) in line with MLC best practice requirements.
- All crew are employed from Guernsey by a Guernsey based company (i.e. non-EU) without any deductions being made at source in Guernsey for tax or national insurance/social security.
- Oceanskies charges on a fixed fee basis rather than as a percentage of the crewmember’s salary.
In the year since their last audit the dedicated yacht crew company has significantly increased the numbers of yacht crew under employment with crew being employed onboard yachts from 60 feet to 60 metres in length
In order to cope with the growth of the business the company has also introduced a sophisticated and secure cloud based crew payroll software programme.
The software assists in enabling OCL to ensure that record keeping and payments are handled efficiently and accurately and includes various functions including:
- The automatic notification of salary payments to crew members via SMS text and an email attaching payslips.
- The invoicing and payment of crew in multiple currencies.
- The apportionment of salary payments for the convenience of crew members in line with MLC guidance.
- The notification of up and coming qualification renewals, training courses, visas and medical certificates.
OCL is also in the process of recruiting a new team member who will become primarily responsible for the operation of the crew payroll system.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to request a free no obligation quotation from OCL to provide a complete yacht crew employment and payroll service.