Marshall Islands Yacht Registration - A Guide
24 April 2013 at 13:07
- Ranked as 2rd Largest Registry Worldwide.
- White List Flag State: In Paris, Tokyo MOU and US Qualship 21.
- Private and Commercial Registration
- Private Limited Charter Registration (84 Day)
- Not applicable in EU waters.
- Enhanced Survey must be completed.
- Intermediate Step for owners seeking to explore commercial activity.
- Seated Members of:
- IMO: International Maritime Organization.
i. Actively involved in future Maritime Legislation and Conventions.
- ILO: International Labour Organization.
i. Second Country to Ratify in MLC 2006
ii. Majority of Fleet already in Compliance.
- Network of 26 world wide offices with over 250 personnel for local support and logistics.
- Dedicated Team of Yachting Professionals.
- Ability to accept Yacht Owning Companies Registered in another jurisdiction.
- FME: Foreign Maritime Entity.
- Owning Companies are able to be registered in Jurisdictions with V.A.T and Vessel Flagged in The Marshall Islands.
- Master 350 / 500 GT Mates License:
- US Cruising Permit:
- Vessels Registered in The Marshall Islands, have ability to apply for a US Cruising Permit.
- Different Categories of Persons Aboard
- Private Yachts able to have more than 12 Guests aboard.
- Provision of 110% LSA and each Guest and Crew Member having a Berth.
- Granted on a case by Case Basis.
- 12. Ability to Register Non Classed Vessels. Less than 500 GT.
- Vessels are recommended to be in Class for benefit of the owner.
- Appointed Representatives are utilised with an International Network of Surveyors.
- Ability to have only class issue Commercial Yacht DOC and Statutory Certificates. (Cost effective)
- New Build:
- Flag State Surveyors are not present in the Shipyard during the Build Process. Class surveyor acts under the MOA with Flag to oversee the build. Class interact with Flag as issues arise.
- Flag is present at the kick off meeting then defer to the Classification Society for the verification of Flag requirements.
- Major international Banks and Insurance companies are comfortable with The Marshall Islands Yacht Registry.
- Commercial Shipping is the majority of the Registry where transaction sizes are much larger.
- Officer Endorsements: for engineers The Marshall Islands calculate based on the Kilowatts for one Engine.
Back to News