One off crew take-on fee now EUR 130.00 for March & April!
Oceanskies Crew Limited (OCL) is pleased to announce a Spring promotion reducing its standard crew take-on fee of EUR 260.00 by half.
OCL is a rapidly growing offshore yacht crew employment and payroll outsourcing company.
The take-on fee covers everything needed to set a crew member up for their employment onboard any yacht regardless of size or classification including the checking of qualifications, system entry, establishment of payroll and the provision of a Seafarers Employment Agreement.
Once the yacht crew member is set up on the system all that the yacht owner or yacht manager needs to pay is the simple monthly crew administration fee of EUR 65.00 plus EUR 15.00 bank charges.
The system works by the yacht owner outsourcing the employment of their crew to OCL either on a stand alone basis or as part of a third party management structure. OCL takes care of the crew’s employment and payroll at arm’s length from the yacht owner/yacht manager in a fiscally efficient manner from our home island of Guernsey.
- OCL is issued with a Statement of Compliance issued by Lloyd’s Register to OCL confirming that the company is fully compliant with standard A1.4 and guidelines B1.4 of the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 (MLC).
- All crew can be employed offshore even when the yacht itself is owned by an onshore company located in a jurisdiction that might not be favourable for the employment of seafarers.
- All crew are employed through a Seafarers Employment Agreement (SEA) in line with MLC best practice requirements.
- All crew are employed from Guernsey by a Guernsey based company (i.e. non-EU) without any deductions being made at source in Guernsey for tax or national insurance/social security.
- OCL is not only fully based in Guernsey but it is also run by genuine Guernsey residents unlike some crew companies that are registered offshore but managed onshore.
- OCL charges on a simple fixed fee basis rather than as a percentage of the crew member’s salary.
- It is as cost-effective and straight forward to employ one crew member as it is to employ many crew members making OCL an ideal employment and payroll vehicle for both small and large yachts.
- MLC certification and ongoing compliance costs are not charged to the client unlike many of our competitors who charge clients for their initial MLC certification and their ongoing MLC compliance.
- OCL has created a partnership with Standard Bank in the Isle of Man to provide a streamlined crew bank account opening service.
- The OCL system is supported by a sophisticated and secure cloud based crew payroll software programme. The software assists in enabling OCL to ensure that record keeping and payments are handled efficiently and accurately and includes various functions including:
– The invoicing and payment of crew in multiple currencies.
– The apportionment of salary payments for the convenience of crew members in line with MLC guidance.
– The notification of up and coming qualification renewals, training courses, visas and medical certificates.
OCL has its own dedicated website at www.oceanskiescrew.com outlining the full advantages of the system.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.