Oceanskies provides a complete crew administration service to yacht owners often working in conjunction with third party yacht managers and crew agencies.
We review, understand and apply applicable manning regulations on behalf of the owner to ensure that our client yachts are operated by the appropriate levels of crew in terms of qualification and specialisation.
The need for yacht owners and crew to adhere to correct manning regulations is important not only to ensure the safe operation of the vessel but also to avoid the non payment of insurance claims and the risk of the vessel being detained by Port State Control in the event of non compliance.
The rules and regulations applying to the manning of a particular yacht will generally depend on a combination of the following factors:
- Engine size
- Usage (i.e. private or charter)
- Area of Operation
- Distance operated from a safe haven
Following owner consultation we shall provide a report setting out minimum and recommended crew manning requirement for their vessel.
We can then assist the owner with the crew selection and employment process in the following ways:
- Checking the qualifications of crew members to ensure that they are suitably qualified for the role
- Applying for all crew certification and endorsement as required by the flag state
- Obtaining safe manning and exemption certificates as issued by the flag state
- Obtaining Seaman’s Discharge Books
- Adherence of employment procedures to the Maritime Labour Convention (MLC)
- Provision of letters of appointment, crew agreements and contracts of employment
- Employment of crew by Oceanskies Crew Limited, our own dedicated offshore crew employment and payroll company
- Termination service for the ending of crew employment and provision where necessary of a handover between departing and arriving crew members
In summary we aim to ensure that owners have onboard their yacht a competent and well trained and motivated crew that are fully compliant with applicable rules and regulations.
For further information on the offshore employment and payment of yacht crew please do not hesitate to visit the website of our sister company Oceanskies Crew Limited by clicking on the following link to open in a new window: