It is the purpose of this guide to set out our understanding of the basic rules applicable to the charter of foreign yachts in Croatia waters following the country’s accession to the European Union on the 1st July, 2013.
We understand that the following basic rules are applicable to the charter of yachts in Croatia:
- The owners of all yachts intending to perform charter in Croatia must appoint a fiscal representative and obtain a Croatian VAT number
- The VAT rate applicable to yacht charters starting in Croatia is 13%
- Charter in Croatia can be performed by all EU registered commercially certified and registered yachts regardless of size
- Charter in Croatia can only be performed by non EU registered commercial yachts that are over 40 metres in length that hold a Croatain charter licence
- Charter in Croatia can only be performed by non EU registered commercial yachts under 40 metres in length if they have picked up the charter party outside Croatia, (embarkation of any charter guests in Croatia is forbidden although the charter party can disembark in Croatia)
Oceanskies are working closely with a leading firm of fiscal agents in Croatia who can handle all necessary fiscal formalities.
These services can be performed on a stand-alone basis for Croatia only or as part of the Oceanskies fiscal registration service providing a one stop shop for the fiscal support of yacht charter activities in all of the principal Mediterranean yacht charter jurisdictions.
Our fiscal agency services can be provided on a stand-alone basis to all yacht owners or in conjunction with one of our turn-key commercial yacht charter ownership and registration packages.
For further information concerning fiscal registration for yacht charter and yacht charter purposes please click on the following link to the relevant section of this website: