Oceanskies can assist owners and their advisers in both their initial purchase of an aircraft and its eventual sale either working with aviation lawyers or on a standalone consultancy basis to ensure that the documentary aspects of the transaction are handled correctly.
Examples of our sale and purchase services include:
- Consultation, drafting and provision of new build construction contracts
- Appointment and coordination of owner such as project managers, surveyors, technical specialists and crew
- Drafting and review of title and supporting aircraft documentation
- Attendance at handover to accept delivery of title to the aircraft
- Effecting full registration and documentation of the aircraft.
- Consultation, drafting and provision of pre-owned sale and purchase agreements
- Conduct aircraft title and lien searches to check against mortgages and any other liens or encumbrances registered against the aircraft
- Conduct checks on goodstanding of the seller if a corporate structure
- Perfecting historic chain of title and ownership history
- Examination and review of the aircraft’s tax status, checking for example the validity of a ‘VAT Paid’ staus
- Appointment of independent surveyors and engineering specialists
- Drafting of Bill of Sale from the seller to the buyer
- Requesting and drafting/provision of seller documentation in support of the Bill of Sale
- Assistance with deletion of aircraft from its existing registration
- Attendance at completion meeting/handover to accept delivery of aircraft and accept delivery of seller’s supporting documentation.
- Effecting registration and documentation of the aircraft.
We would strongly encourage owners to contact Oceanskies at the earliest possible stage in the aircraft acquisition process, ideally following the selection of a particular aircraft but before any contractual arrangements are entered into.